Are you frustrated when you can't find the right way to reseal your plastic packaging?
If so, don't worry - you're not alone! This can cause a huge problem especially if you don't have the right tools.
We can show you various methods to seal your plastic, and also provide tips on how to avoid leaks and spills.
Let's get started!
What is Plastic Packaging?
Any packaging that uses plastic as its main material. This can include anything from bottles and containers to bags and wrappers.
It’s often used for lighter products, as it is cheaper and more lightweight than other materials like glass or metal.
The Types of Sealers
Sealing with a sealer is the best way to create a tight, weatherproof seal that will keep the contents of your brand package safe and secure.
The most common sealers are heat sealers, impulse sealers, and label makers.
- Heat sealers: Heat sealers use hot air to melt the plastic.
- Impulse sealers: Impulse sealers use a high-voltage electrical current to do the same thing.
- Label makers: They can be used, but are not as effective as sealers because although the heat from the label maker will melt the plastic, it will not create a tight seal.
How to Use a Heat Sealer
There are a few things to keep in mind when using a heat sealer.
- First, ensure that the area you're sealing is clean and dry. Any moisture or dirt will prevent the seal from forming properly.
- Second, position the heat sealer so that the heating element is lined up with the edge.
- Third, hold the heat sealer in place for a few seconds to allow the heat to penetrate the plastic and create a seal.
- Fourth, remove the heat sealer and allow the seal to cool. Once it's cooled it is ready to use.
If you're having trouble getting a tight seal, try using a piece of tape to hold the plastic in place while you seal it.
Heat sealing is a great way to keep your products fresh and ensure that your packaging is airtight.
How to Use a Label Maker
Here's how to use a label maker:
- Remove the old label from your product. If there's any residue left behind, use a cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol to remove it.
- Position your label maker over the opening of the package and press the button to dispense the adhesive. Then, place the label on the package and press firmly to secure it.
- Run your finger along the label's edge to ensure it's sealed properly. And that's it! You've successfully used a label maker.
How to Use a Flame
Using a flame is the best method if you're looking for a method that is quick and easy. Here's how you can do it:
- Take your lighter and hold the flame against the edge of the plastic so you can heat the plastic soft enough to seal.
- Once the plastic is heated, quickly run the edge of the packaging along the flame. This will seal the edge and prevent air or moisture from getting inside.
You can also use this method to reseal chips or other snack bags, but ensure that you don't heat the food too much, as it can cause it to burn.
The plastic used in packaging is an important part of our lives, but it can be frustrating when the seal is broken, and the contents leak out.
However, resealing it means you can keep your food and belongings safe and secure.
We hope you enjoyed this guide and if you have any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to contact us..
Thanks for reading!