There are a few ways to use paper packaging tape. Using the right type of tape for the right project is essential, as it can be very frustrating if you do not have the correct supplies.
BeautySourcing experts will discuss the different ways to use paper packaging tape and how it can benefit your business.
What is Paper Packaging Tape?
Paper packaging tape is a type of pressure-sensitive adhesive tape Dispenser used to seal corrugated fiberboards and containers.
Paper is impregnated with adhesive, usually a natural or synthetic rubber compound.
The tape is applied to the board or container and then activated by moistening it with water or another suitable solvent; this turns the gummed agent into an adhesive that bonds the tape to the substrate.
- To prevent pilferage
- To provide a moisture barrier
- To add stiffness
- To provide tamper evidence
- To repair or reinforce corrugated fiberboard
- For product branding (printed logos and messaging)
How to Use Paper Packaging Tape?
Now that you know what paper packaging tape is and what it is used for let's discuss how to use it.
- Place the adhesive tape along the top edge of the package.
- Sticker the flap shut.
- Cut off the desired length of tape.
- Press down on the adhesive side and smooth it out with your fingers.
- The adhesive side should now be facing up.
- Gently fold over one end about 1/4 inches, then press down to stick.
- Repeat on the other end.
Now you're ready to transfer your package!
Benefits of Using Paper Packaging Tape
There are many benefits of using paper packaging tape. Some of the key benefits include:
- Using paper packaging tape is a great way to protect your products during shipping. The tape creates a strong seal that helps to keep products from being damaged in transit.
- Paper packaging tape is also great for surface protection. The adhesive on the tape will help keep surfaces from getting scratched or damaged during transport or storage.
- Paper packaging tape can be a very effective way to apply kraft labels to boxes or packages. The adhesive will hold the label in place while protecting the surface of the package or product.
Tips for Using Paper Packaging Tape More Effectively
Now that you know how to use paper packaging tape and the benefits of using it, here are a few tips to help you use it more effectively:
- Use a tape dispenser: This will help you apply the tape more evenly and prevent it from sticking.
- Press the tape down firmly: This will ensure that the adhesive sticks to the surface and prevents air bubbles from forming.
- Cut the tape with scissors: This will give you a clean, straight edge and prevent the tape from fraying.
- Use a lint roller: This will remove any surface dust or debris before applying the tape.
By following these tips, you'll be able to use paper packaging tape more effectively and get the most out of its benefits.
Paper packaging tape is a great way to secure your packages and ensure they stay closed during shipping.
It can also reinforce the seams of boxes, making them more durable and less likely to tear.
In addition, paper packaging tape can be printed with your company's logo or other design features to help promote your brand.
Thanks for reading!